Similarity By Rafid Khan

                                  

                                                                       Similarity Drawings 

                                                                         By Rafid Khan


Well, as you can see right here, this is my Similarity drawing. This is a good drawing but I wouldn't say this is the perfect drawing. I would rate this drawing either a 7/10 or 8/10 because of how I kind of mess up with tracing my drawing with a thin point Sharpie marker. As you can probably tell, when I was lining outside the box, it kind of messed up on it. When I lining with two different lines, in the beginning it got larger but then in the end,  it got smaller. No matter how careful and focus I was with tracing my drawing with a thin point Sharpie marker, I somehow still managed to mess up at somewhere in my drawing. Oh god, this is like every artist's nightmare when it comes to drawing into a final draft. Anyways, you might be wondering how I managed to draw like that. Well, I got a lot of inspiration for it, I mean A LOT. In the black side of drawing with the leaf, I got that inspiration from Travis Scott Nike SB Dunk sneaker. You see, if you search up that shoe, you can tell that there is a lot of  good texture and art in that sneaker. So I thought it would be nice if I provide and draw some of it's texture on my drawing. And the white side of the drawing with a leaf and those small looking squares, I got that inspiration from a random white bandana I found from the internet. The small symbol that I drew in the corner of the middle of the drawing, I got those inspiration from a Louis Vuitton bag.  And that circle thing in the middle of the drawing? I got that inspiration from thinking about hypnotizing stuff. According to the reading, I would say this similarity principle is more like Association because the white and black drawing are connected/related/group to each other due to their similarity in function and family. When I meant by family, I meant that these drawings are similar since they came from the same inspirations I have used as mentioned earlier. But only difference is it was drawn in a different style. Same thing goes with function, I'm basically using the similar technique which are the leaf in the black & white drawing. In addition, I would say this drawing also belong to as a combination of  figure 34a & 34d. I say it's figure 34a because in my drawing, when I drew all four boxes on the outside, it ended up forming a box in the inside on the middle which gave me an opportunity draw a figure in the middle. I also say it's figure 34d because on one format,  we have the one drawing (black) that is vertical to the other drawing (black). Then we have another format where we have the one drawing (white) that is vertical to the other drawing (white) which at the same time cause one drawing format to cross with the other drawing format (I hope this explanation make sense). That causes a box in the middle for me to draw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grid & Structure by Rafid Khan

Interrelationships of Form

3 letters + word by Rafid Khan