3 letters + word by Rafid Khan

3 letters + word
by Rafid Khan



 

As you can see, here is my 3 letters + word drawing. I would rate my drawing probably around 9/10, it's not a bad drawing in my opinion. However, I feel like my drawing isn't exactly related to the assignment because it seems that I must've drawn differently from what the assignment was asking. For instance, I was suppose to have some curved letters in my drawing but I don't really have it there. Another thing is the word, I did it all capital  even though it should've been lowercase. In other words, the drawing isn't bad but it isn't really related to the assignment principle. I pick the letters A, i and r because I got the reference/inspiration of a brand  name as well as choosing the word "JORDAN". If you combine the 3 letters and the word together, it's basically refer to as Air Jordan which is a brand name owned by Nike. I choose Air JORDAN as my 3 letters + word because I like it's products especially their sneakers which I'm really into. The "crossbar" of the letter A is half shown and half not shown because when I was trying to place the A into the box, half of the letter has been cut off. The "tittle' of the letter i is at the very top of the box. Maybe 1/8 of the tittle may have been cut off due to the box. I feel like the letter i could been placed a little down and it could've been better if the "tittle" was a little bigger since the tittle seems to be small compare to how big the letter i is. The "stem" and the "serif" is perfectly visible in the box, however the stem and the serif seems to left a decent amount of space away from the letter i. I think it should be a bit extended. Also, I noticed that the serif isn't exactly perfect and that it could've been better if it was drawn accurately. The shoulder of the letter r has been kind of cut off due to the box. I think I could've had the chance to able to draw the shoulder of the box if I had drawn the letter and moved it a little to the left or so.

 

Comments

  1. The letters A,I and R do resemble the drawing. All of the lines look kinda messed up in the shading but neatly drawn. He is showing a brand of shoes in the drawing. You can improve the drawing by trying to shade it better on the outer part since some of the shading is going inside of the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The letters do resemble the models. For example, the shape and curve of the r looks very accurate. Also the straight angle of the i looks precise and clean. The lines are cleanly drawn. The use of a ruler made it precise and clean. The r consists of an ear and two serifs at its base. The word looks very neat and was drawn at the same height with each letter directly next to each other without looking odd. I would improve on the letters R and D in the word JORDAN. It looks wobbly and it seems like it was rushed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grid & Structure by Rafid Khan

Interrelationships of Form